Fatal motor vehicle accidents – there is help available

Written on behalf of Abramson Smith Waldsmith LLP

When any motor vehicle accident occurs, the first reaction, if you are alone, is to ascertain if you are ok, you quickly look around you to try and figure out what happened. If there is someone with you in the vehicle, you call to your loved one frantically wanting confirmation that they are ok. Unfortunately, there are times when you will not hear a response. Sometimes auto accidents result in devastating loss of life and leave you with having to deal with the realization that you are involved in a fatal motor vehicle accident.

Operating any vehicle is inherently dangerous and not particularly because of your driving ability but because you cannot control the negligent actions of others. Whether or not the accident was a result of negligence such as a distracted driver or someone operating a vehicle while intoxicated, drivers must take specific steps after the crash happens. These measures include reporting any accident that results in damages over and above $1000 in California as of January 1, 2017. There are also laws in place to hold those accountable for the accident and to help you with the financial ramifications of the situation. 

Coming to terms with a fatal car accident is never easy and dealing with financial issues is hardly ever a top priority. When dealing with the loss of life as a result of a fatal collision, seeking legal counsel may be the best solution to help alleviate the stress of having to deal with filing reports and wading through the legal process to ensure coverage of any expenses such as medical costs.

While you may not even consider pursuing legal action in your time of grief, contacting a compassionate attorney is extremely beneficial as they can take care of any legal issues on your behalf. Legal representation experienced with catastrophic motor vehicle accidents can give you the time you need to grieve while they focus on getting you the compensation you deserve.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


(415) 421-7995