An Excellent Reputation
Built On Success In The Courtroom
Nothing is more important than recovery and compensation for your loved one after a severe injury.
Knowledgeable Occipital Lobe Injury Attorneys
The occipital lobe (back of head) is the primary area of the brain for processing visual information – visual reception and interpretation. It receives stimuli from the retina of the eyes and processes that information. The occipital lobe handles the relationship between past and present experiences. It is protected by the thickest part of the skull and its location in the back of the brain.
Occipital lobe injuries frequently cause:
- Visual deficits (visual field cuts or cortical blindness)
- Difficulty locating objects in the environment
- Difficulty identifying colors (color agnosia)
- Hallucinations or illusions
- Inability to recognize words, i.e., word blindness
- Inability to recognize familiar faces or objects
- Difficulties reading and writing
For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced personal injury lawyer, please contact us.