An Excellent Reputation
Built On Success In The Courtroom
Nothing is more important than recovery and compensation for your loved one after a severe injury.
Parietal Lobe Injury Lawyers To Represent You
A brain injury can affect people differently. The San Francisco brain injury attorneys at Abramson Smith Waldsmith LLP work closely with clients to ensure they receive an accurate diagnosis and appropriate medical treatment for their injuries. Our experience handling such cases and access to medical and investigative experts have enabled us to build a track record of successful results for our clients. To learn more, contact a personal injury lawyer at our law firm to schedule a free initial consultation.
The parietal lobe (top of the head near the back of the brain) processes sensory input to form a single perception (cognition) and provides a spatial coordination to represent the world around us. The parietal lobe receives sensory information from skin, musculoskeletal system, taste buds and viscera. The main function of the parietal lobe is to detect various stimuli and differentiate the quality of the stimuli, such as intensity and textural differences. Injuries to the parietal lobe can cause:
- Inability to multitask
- Inability to name an object (anomia)
- Disorders of language (aphasia)
- Inability to remember words for writing (agraphia)
- Reading problems (alexia)
- Difficulty writing and drawing objects
- Difficulty distinguishing right from left (right-left disorientation)
- Difficulty with mathematics (dyscalculia or acalculia)
- Lack of awareness of parts of body and surrounding space (apraxia)
- Inability to focus visual attention
- Difficulty identifying the location and type of sensation, e.g., hot or cold
- Difficulties with hand-eye coordination
- Impairment of self-care skills
- Denial of deficits (anosognosia)
Common tests to assess parietal lobe function include:
- Kimura Box Test (apraxia)
- Two-Point Discrimination Test (somatosensory)
For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced personal injury lawyer, please contact us.